Burn Permits

Burning authorized by this permit is for yard rakings and brush only. Permits are only issued for the current day, and does not relieve the liability for damages resulting from the escape of the fire. Citizens who want to burn inside the city-limits must call The Gallatin Fire Department to obtain a burn permit. 615-452-2771

Campfire & Outdoor Burning

The burning of logs, brush, charcoal, and other similar materials for the purpose of food preparation or recreation does not require a permit under the State of Tennessee Law.

Burning in Sumner County

If you are outside the city limits call the State of Tennessee Department of Agriculture Division of Forestry at 1-877-350-2876 or obtain a burning permit online at https://agriculture.tn.gov/OnlineBurnPermitPublic/default.aspx